Sunday, November 21, 2010

Social Awareness Assignment #2 (NO Child Left Behind)

   The NO Child Left Behind Act was passed in 2001. Much like the book Freedom Summer by DeborAH Wiles, the issue in this book is not as important now as it was a few years, or maybe even a few decades ago. As I read these articles(Why I Changed My Mind About School Reform, and No Child Faces Its Own Test) I noticed that after this was passed, teachers started caring more about test scores than the children's education. It was as if they would just prepare children for state tests and nothing else would matter. In an article I read they mentioned the word "failing", which leads me to believe that this act is not very beneficial for a child's education, but somewhat of a pressure that might altar the learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment