Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Deeper Meaning (Entry #6)

page 44: "No, Meg, but people are more than just the way they look. Charles Wallace's difference isn't physical. It's in essence."
I wrote: The characters are looking deeper.
   As I came across this line in the book, it occurred to me that A Wrinkle in Time is more than just a science fiction book. But it's a story that describes personality and mentality. Sometimes when reading this book, it's hard to remember that there are morales here. It is possible to connect with this book personally.
    I honestly think that the science mentioned in this book, also has to do with the lessons taught. Since every formula or theory is dissected through dialogue of pictures, the lessons have to be just as explanatory. I think that the book had a perfect balance of science themes and real world knowledge and concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment